I’ve never been that much of a fan of normal fudge – even with a sweet tooth I always found it way too sweet and sickly…. so for me, these are a perfect alternative – and also seem to work perfectly if my blood sugar is slightly on the low side at night and I want something to hold them steady, without causing a spike, till morning….
Recently I went to a friends baby shower and made two variations to take; a carob and coconut nectar one for those avoiding cacao/honey, and a cacao and honey one for those who aren’t! :-)
Both were yummy…
Fabulous Fudge – makes 16 pieces generous pieces or 32 daintier ones…
- 1/2 cup coconut manna,
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil, or 1/2 a cup of coconut oil if using carob powder – as it soaks up the oil and is too dry otherwise,
- ½ cup of cacao or carob powder,
- 1/4 cup of lacuna – or two tablespoons if using carob powder – as the carob is sweet too,
- 1/4 cup of desiccated coconut,
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup of mulberries,
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup of walnuts,
- 2 tablespoons of raw honey or coconut nectar,
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla powder,
- A smidge of Himalayan pink salt to taste.
Melt the coconut manna and coconut oil oil in a bowl over a pan of hot water. Take the bowl of the heat and stir in the carob powder or cacao powder, then stir in all the other ingredients bar the walnuts and mulberries. By now you should have a relatively gooey, smooth mixture. Add the walnuts and mulberries.
Take any container and line with greaseproof paper – then press the mixture into the bottom of the container and put into the fridge (or freezer) for at least an hour or so, until set. Cut into pieces and enjoy! xo