As you prolly know SP’s; peanuts are not actually nuts… they’re legumes. Which is why you can get people who are allergic to peanuts, but not other nuts… but even if you’re not allergic, for lots of us, peanuts are not *that great* to eat. They tend to be full of moulds, which can feed candida – plus are not as diabetic friendly as you might think… which is a shame – cos I LOVE peanut butter!
Which is why I’m a little bit addicted to my latest, super simple smoothie – I swear it tastes exactly like a peanut butter thick shake – but without the peanuts – and dairy free!
- a glass of almond milk;
- a generous tablespoon of almond butter;
- half a teaspoon of vanilla powder;
- a scoop of stevia extract;
- a sprinkle of himalayan sea salt *only* if your almond butter is unsalted – if it is, leave this out.
– whiz in the blender – then a dusting of cacao powder on top… Dreamy… ;-)