As many of you know (cos I might have mentioned once or twice before how much I love it!) I regularly go to country market about ten minutes walk from my home, where local growers sell their organic produce each week. I love it because its community building, fresher than anything you’d buy elsewhere, very locally sourced and… well, delicious!
It also means, as almost all the veggies I buy are from there, I am eating with the seasons; which is kinda cool. So, this salad is made *entirely* from the veggies I bought at the last one…
- Half a red cabbage, shredded;
- Half a fennel bulb, sliced;
- A few sprigs of sprouting broccoli, cut into bite size pieces;
- A handful of cherry tomatoes, quartered;
- Half a chilli, finely chopped;
- A drizzle of cold pressed olive oil;
- A drizzle of apple cider vinegar;
- A couple of grinds of himalayan pink salt;
- A sprinkle of oregano.
Mix all-together; preferably get your hands in as this “massages” the broccoli & cabbage, making them softer and also marinating in the dressing. I served with a handful of walnuts and it felt super nourishing.
I touched upon raw food and why I mostly stick to it in my post where I shared with you my Beetroot & Chilli salad; I’ll be expanding upon this; plus protein diets, ketogenic diets, intermittent fasting and low carb diets ~ and my experiences with them to date ~ will share that with you in the next few days :-)
Till then, enjoy the salad! xo