I made these last week – but I didn’t measure or write anything down and just kinda threw stuff in – so who knows how much of the “recipes” I will remember; but I’ll give you a vague idea and you can go play with them :-)
Bounty Bar Squares:
- Half of half a disc of Willies 100% Cacao – Indonesian Black
- Coconut oil… maybe a tablespoon?
- Coconut butter… again, about a tablespoon
- Half-ish cup of shredded coconut
- A generous splash of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of raw coconut nectar – as mentioned previously, the raw ones are much lower GI than others.
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla powder; I use The Real Food Source one as some have sugar added; this one is just pure vanilla.
I melted the cacao and coconut oil, then added the vanilla and coconut nectar, then the splash of coconut milk. When you do this it will look like the whole thing is going to curdle; don’t panic! ;-) just keep stirring it and it will become a lovely, thick chocolatey texture again (this is known as tempering in the posh chocolate world; but I have to confess, was an “accident” in this instance… very useful though as means the chocolate will shrink back from the mould a little when you leave it to set; making it easier to remove!).
Then stir in the shredded coconut and pop in a mould and leave to set for about half an hour in the fridge.
Spiced Bitter Orange Titbits:
- Half of half a disc of Willies 100% Cacao – Venezuelan Black
- Around a tablespoon of coconut oil
- A teaspoon of raw manuka honey – again, important to get raw if blood sugars are a factor for you, as for me a small amount of raw honey is OK but processed honey becomes higher GI – experiment and see what works for you.
- A generous splash of orange oil
- A generous pinch of the following ground spices: cinnamon, ginger & nutmeg.
As above, melt the cacao and coconut oil, then stir in the rest – pop in moulds and leave to set!
You might have spotted there’s a third choccy experiment in the pic; this was intended to be a Three Seed Delight, with chia, flax and sesame – but needs another experimentation before I post a recipe – it was tasty but the texture was a little “quirky” as I soaked the chia… I still enjoyed it, but not sure I’d offer it to a guest ;-)
The other two were YUMMY!
Enjoy, sweet peeps xo